Are you feeling tired all the time? Experiencing poor concentration? Memory loss? Headaches? Confusion? Have you been tested for acidosis?
A number of culprits may be to blame for persistent tiredness and poor concentration including an underactive thyroid gland, low iron levels, poor adrenal reserve (from long-term stress), pathogenic load (viruses, bacteria, parasites, candida overgrowth, moulds etc), but have you considered your body being too acidic?
These symptoms can be early warning symptoms of ‘acidosis‘ – an acidic system, a low pH.
This is why seeing a naturopath who can examine your pH levels is helpful. I combine iridology, pH testing, quantum physics technology, and assessment of blood test results (if applicable) to determine your acid/alkaline balance or imbalance. Taking a closer look at blood test results, particularly the electrolyte balance (sodium, potassium, bicarbonate and chloride) can tell us if you are in a balanced electrolyte state, alkaline or acidic state.
Usually, low sodium and a high ‘other anions’ reading on a blood test will indicate an acidic pH.
Reasons for Acidosis
Reasons may include:
- Un-managed inflammatory bowel disease
- Other unchecked inflammatory conditions
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Use of diuretics
- Addison’s disease
- Adrenal fatigue/burn out
- A diet high in acid foods- high amounts of alcohol, dairy, red meat and grains
- Shallow breathing/mouth breathing (loss of bicarbonate)
How to Address Acidosis
If other causes have been ruled out, then simply improving (increasing) the body’s pH to a more alkaline state can help ‘put the spring back in your step’.
The following tips can help treat acidosis
- Targeted frequencies on specific nutrient points
- Breathing exercises such as Butekyo
- Eat a ‘clean’, alkaline diet and eat regularly
- Cut out alcohol, coffee, refined sugar and hydrogenated fats
- Reduce salt intake
- Increase greens in your diet
- Support adrenal activity – minerals, herbs, licorice tea!
- Take a supplement containing Vitamin B1, B3, Vitamin C and Magnesium if needed
- Consider ‘energy’/mitochondrial medicine such as carnitine and Coenzyme Q10..
- Support kidneys – drink adequate water, decrease caffeine, drink dandelion, nettle tea and green smoothies such as this recipe below!
Green Superfood smoothie
- 1 young green coconut, water and flesh (or if unavailable: water and 1 Tbs coconut oil)
- ½ bunch organic kale or spinach, washed, trimmed and blanched
- 1 organic green apple, quartered, seeded
- ½ cup organic mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla rice/pea/hemp protein powder
- 1 teaspoon alkaline electrolyte powder
- 1 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- Open the young coconut carefully with a cleaver. Strain the water through a sieve and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Place coconut flesh and coconut in a high speed blender together with green leaves, apple, mint, protein powder, alkaline mineral powder and probiotic powder (if using).
- Blend at full speed until velvety smooth. Serve immediately.
Ready to get started?
Want to find out your pH levels and WHY you are tired and can’t concentrate?
Book an Appointment Today
So what are you waiting for? Book an appointment and begin your journey to optimal health once more!