Natural alternatives to the 2017 flu vaccine
Almost every year the influenza vaccination changes, as the virus itself mutates, and this year’s vaccine is no different. This season’s flu vaccine has presented with numerous issues (which may encourage you to look for flu vaccine alternatives!). Read below if you missed my Facebook posts this week:
- sciencedaily.com/how flu shot manufacturing forces influenza to mutate
Other Facts about the 2017 flu vaccine
Influenza (or ‘flu’) is typically caused by either the influenza A or influenza B viruses. The strain that’s causing the most flu infections this year is an ‘A’ strain H3N2. This strain causes more severe disease, especially among older persons and the very young. While all forms of this year’s flu vaccine contain H3N2, unfortunately vaccines tend not to work as well against this particular strain (only reducing the likelihood of contracting this particular flu by an average of 33%). You may still be at risk even if you have had a flu shot.
Cold or flu?
With more than 200 different viruses causing the common cold, how do you tell which is which? Many patients who think they have the flu, in fact, have a cold.
The common cold has a gradual onset, with typical symptoms including a sore throat and nasal congestion.
In contrast, flu has a sudden onset, accompanied by fever and muscle aches. However, absence of fever, especially in the elderly and immuno-suppressed, does not necessarily rule out influenza.
Whatever the name (whether it be a cold or flu), the treatment is the same: providing acute anti-viral action and building strong immune defences using Bicom bioresonance therapy and naturopathic medicine!
Following my recent immune blog (or in case you missed it), below are my top ‘seasonal’ immune boosters:
Flu vaccine alternatives
Following my recent immune blog and in case you missed it, below is a list of my top ‘seasonal’ immune boosters and effective flu vaccine alternatives:
- BioMedica BetaMax (a potent blend of beta glucans, medicinal mushrooms and vitamin C), Imrex (a potent medicinal mushroom and vitamin D formula) & As a preventative, MediHerb’s Echinacea premium (tablet or part of a bespoke herb mix) or as an anti-viral treatment, MediHerb’s Andrographis complex
- PRL’s Nucleo Immune (wow – an impressive mix of medicinal mushrooms and immune boosting herbs in a powerfully effective fermented formula)
- BioActiv’s Buffered Vitamin C powder: not only is it potent with each ½ tsp providing 2000mg, it is economical as well. Vitamin C is well known to help prevent and reduce the severity and duration of colds and influenza.
- BioMedica’s BicoZn – zinc to the rescue in the war against the common cold! Zinc inhibits rhinoviral (cold virus) replication and people taking zinc are also less likely to have persistence of their cold symptoms beyond seven days of treatment. Zinc supplementation for at least five months reduces incidence of the common cold, particularly for children.
- Biotic Research Bio Mulsion D Forte – vitamin D is necessary for a healthy immune response and a definite supplement to take over the winter months, at least 1000iu per day.
- Probiotics – a high strength multi-strain probiotic such as BioMedica’s Proflora, Trigenex or BioKult’s MultiStrain are popular and effective choices. Remember, 60% of your immune health stems from a healthy gut microbiome!
Boost your immunity with Bicom® Bioresonance Therapy
Boost your immune system and fight infections with Bicom® Bioresonance therapy. This extraordinary technology not only offers relief of symptoms, but treats the viruses and strengthens the immune system at the same time.
What happens if you have had the flu vaccine already?
Good news is we can treat any ill-effects from vaccines successfully with Bicom® Bioresonance.
Book a consultation
Book a consultation to find out how you can get through the winter months fit and healthy