Last week I was privileged to attend the International Congress of Naturopathic Medicine in London, where I joined 600 naturopaths from all around the world.
As you may have been aware, I presented my paper on The Future of Allergy Treatment: Bioresonance and Naturopathic Medicine: A Combined Approach which was very well received! I am hopeful many other naturopaths may embark on the wonderful journey of using bioresonance therapy in their practices to assist their patients back to optimal health.
In addition, all the other presentations were amazing! I wanted to share some of the highlights with you below firstly to show you the extent to which naturopathic medicine is progressively evolving; and second, how vital this evolution is in forging new and safe ways treatment to even the most ugly of human diseases.
The highlights which included:
- Leveraging longevity: Strategies to increase the quality and quantity of our personal ‘shelf life’.
- A focus on enhancing mitochondrial function in turn, improving our epigenetics, energy and longevity.
- The number one indication of problems with our mitochondria (our energy centre in our cells) is fatigue.
- Paracetamol, statins (prescribed for high cholesterol) and the doxy class of chemotherapy drugs are known ‘mitochondrial poisons’.
- To supercharge mitochondria: follow a healthy diet, eat within a 12-hour time frame (see my latest blog on chronobiology to learn more about how important this is!), get adequate sleep to ensure healthy circadian rhythms, improve circulation (exercise!) and consider key nutrients such as N-Acetyl Cysteine, L-carnitine, glutathione and Coenzyme Q10. Remember, ‘if we don’t use it, we lose it’!
- Detoxification and Inflammation and the role of Glutathione: How such levels decrease with ageing, smoking, alcohol, irradiation of food, drugs, etc. Interestingly, Alzheimer’s disease is associated with oxidation, inflammation and low glutathione. Exciting and insightful strategies were shared.
- Does Irritable Bowel Syndrome exist: Exploring Causes and Treatment solutions.
- As we know, IBS is just a collection of symptoms.
- Could your symptoms be one of these following causes/contributing factors? Pancreatic enzyme deficiency; low grade inflammation; intestinal permeability (leaky gut); bile acid malabsorption; dysbiosis, SIBO; parasites; candida overgrowth; carbohydrate intolerance; food hypersensitivity; non-coeliac gluten sensitivity, and vitamin D deficiency? (These were all discussed in detail including targeted naturopathic treatment).
- Cancer support: Naturopathic strategies for Prevention and Restoration including a look at post-treatment fatigue and cognitive function.
- The Hippocampus and prefrontal cortex are often affected by chemotherapy and patients often end up with a compromised blood brain barrier aka ‘leaky brain’, leading to increased neuro inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Key naturopathic remedies to help repair the blood brain barrier include high dose astragalus, baical skullcap, boswellia, berberine-containing herbs, turmeric, melatonin, essential fatty acids, acetyl-L-carnitine and Lion’s mane!
- The role of natural medicine in restoring health and anti-ageing: 7 key methods for practitioners
- A lifestyle programme is not a prescription, rather a way of life.
- This can deeply affect our epigenetics observing the importance of diet, exercise, stress management, good detoxification, work/life balance, protection from electromagnetic pollution, mind-body relationships and relationships to others, the environment etc.
- Mammalian meat allergy: research and treatment solutions for patient recovery.
- how three types of ticks which bite humans can inject an enzyme which can trigger, at times, life threatening allergies to all meats and meat related products including dairy. A fascinating insight to this emerging problem and recommended treatment strategies. All I can say here is thank goodness for Bicom bioresonance!
- Cutting edge use of aromatherapy in cancer therapy: A fascinating insight into essential oils such as ginger, maigeuette, lovage root, false nutmeg and pistachio mastic tree for the ‘supporting’ treatment of oncogenic viruses (viruses that can trigger cancer) and stimulating apoptosis (cell death).
- Naturopathic treatment and differential diagnosis of respiratory disorders: a look at all types of respiratory conditions and effective naturopathic medicine treatment strategies including herbal medicine, homoeopathic remedies and even therapeutic ‘Warming Socks’!
- Healing the gut with hydrogen: fascinating presentation on the use of hydrogen therapy and hydrogen water in healing and optimising gut function, including successful outcomes for colon cancer, diabetes, immune health, microbiome and even telomere length!
- Neurocognitive decline: the role of nutrition, detox and lifestyle in prevention and treatment
Considering the rate of dementia is set to triple in the next 35 years, this is a hot topic of interest. Dr Tim Ewer, an integrative doctor from New Zealand spoke about the role of particular gene polymorphisms which can contribute to neuro inflammation. He spoke about prescribing high dose vitamin B12, vitamin E, Huperzine A, phosphatidyl choline and serine.
- The Psycho-Nero-Endo-Immunology of Perinatal Mood disorders: Baby blues lasting longer, sometimes up to the menopause years, contributing to unrecognized forms of depression and anxiety. Nancy Lins, a Hawaiian Naturopathic medicine doctor, explained how patients respond well to testosterone, progesterone cream and Vitex.
- And many more amazing speakers presented on amazing topics!
As one of the naturopathic doctors from America stated, as naturopaths, ‘we are a force to be reckoned with’!
I hope that this post has served to show that in these times where illness and medicine are rapidly advancing, that naturopathy is most definitely ‘up there’ at the forefront of natural medicine!