Take these important preventative measures to assist:
- Ensure you’re eating a varied diet including fresh fruit and vegetables (organic where possible) to optimise vitamin and mineral load, and drink plenty of filtered water to assist the elimination process. Avoid sugar and refined foods. Limit or avoid dairy and gluten during an infection (these can contribute to mucous production and sit heavy on the digestive system and pancreas). Add lots of garlic, onions, ginger, and spices to your foods, particularly cinnamon, clove, thyme, rosemary, lemon grass and turmeric.
- Ensure your digestive system is in good health by considering a good quality probiotic
- Manage your stress! Stress can impact our immune system tolerance.
- Get enough sleep (8 hours ideally), meditate or use other relaxation techniques.
- Exercise regularly.
- Ensure you practice good hygiene such as hand washing and covering mouth when sneezing and coughing, especially in public enclosed spaces like public transport or aeroplanes. I like products made from quality essential oils found in some hand sanitising gels, air diffusers etc. Alternatively speak with me about bespoke options.
- Quit smoking or vaping to help limit the damage to your lungs.
- Supplement with vitamin c, vitamin D, zinc, selenium, coenzyme Q10, beta-glucans, N-acetyl cysteine and medicinal mushrooms.
- Take echinacea regularly, otherwise contact me to arrange a bespoke herb mix.
- Essential oils can also help to provide immune system ‘armour’.
Examples of essential oils include:
- ravintsara (a must have! Don’t confuse it with Ravensara) UK: naturaldispensary.co.uk/Ravintsara
- tea tree
- cinnamon (zeylanicum or verum)
- thyme (chemotyped linalol or thujanol)
Immune Health Offer
I am offering an ‘Optimise Immune Health’ offer for AU$120 or GBP £70. Find out how healthy you really are and if you are in need of any immune supporting nutrients and other naturopathic medicines to assist optimal immune health. Contact me to book your offer.
N.B. I continue to practice the way I have been doing for many years and can look after you in-clinic or from a distance.