Naturopathy is a system of healthcare that emphasizes optimal wellness, disease prevention, patient education and the use of natural medicine and techniques to support the body’s inherent healing process.
Simply explained, a Naturopath looks at every aspect of your health and seeks to find the underlying cause of problems, rather than just treating the symptoms.
While firmly science based, modern Naturopathic treatment also preserves the traditional wisdom of natural medicine. I take the time to listen and to get to know you as an individual and together we design an individualised health treatment plan for you.
Although you do not need to be unwell to benefit from naturopathy, treatment can alleviate a wide range of conditions and is suitable for all ages. Naturopathy treatment aims to restore balance and prevent disease, while supporting the body, mind and emotions during the healing process.
There are six ‘Naturopathic Principles’ based on treating each person as an individual and treating the whole person, not just the affected area, and above all, honouring the body’s innate wisdom to heal.
The 6 Principles of Naturopathy are:
- The Healing Power of Nature – Trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself.
- Identify and Treat the Causes – Look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
- First Do No Harm – Utilize the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
- Doctor as Teacher – Educate patients in the steps to achieving and maintaining health.
- Treat the Whole Person – View the body as an integrated whole in all its physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions.
- Prevention – Focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention.
What health conditions can benefit from Naturopathy
- Digestive problems including acid reflux, constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lyme disease
- Cancer support
- Parasites/mould toxicity/viral and bacterial infections
- Chronic Fatigue /ME/Fibromyalgia and lack of vitality
- Hormone imbalances, thyroid gland problems and infertility
- Stress management, anxiety and depression
- Weight problems, insulin resistance & diabetes
- Inflammatory conditions including arthritis
- Allergies and skin complaints
A treatment plan including diet and lifestyle advice is established to help you reach optimal health. In addition, nutritional supplements, herbal and homoeopathic medicines, flower essences and mineral therapy are commonly prescribed.
What’s included in a consultation
- A full case history taken
- A Cellular Health Analysis
- Diet & lifestyle analysis
- Vitamin and mineral assessment
- Clinical diagnostic tests such as saliva hormone testing, MTHFR screen and kryptopyrrole screening.
Cellular Health Analysis
This is an excellent diagnostic test to determine body composition and cellular health. This scientifically based test uses bio-impedance to measure 6 key biological markers of health:
- Fat Mass
- Muscle Mass
- Cellular Toxicity
- Cellular Fluid Levels
- Cellular Vitality
- Biological Age
The science of diagnosis using your iris is called ‘iridology’. Information that may be obtained include:
- Digestive health
- how you manage your blood sugar
- the efficiency of your circulation, respiration, hormones & acid levels
- how you cope with stress and analysis of genetic strengths and weaknesses.
Early indications of a condition are often apparent in the eye, before they manifest as symptoms in the body.